- Unable to change/add profile or group picture
The work around is to log into stock to make changes, then log back into Purple.
- Post bubbles randomly change color to white
This is believed to be a memory glitch. The work around is to change your text color so that it is darker than your bubble colors.
This is due to having the SK5 Anti Loggers setting as active. Disable this setting to have future links allowed.
A work around is to press and hold on the link post until a menu pops up. Then press Copy URL. Then paste the URL as a post (delete duplicate info beforehand). This works most of the time, but not always.
(Settings icon) > SK V5 MOD SETTINGS > Protection Inc Build in Fake Ip > Anti Loggers
Because the core parts of SK5 are encrypted and the Talos SK5 Mods change internal files, the built-in backup system does not work as it should. Below is an awkward work around, but it will work to backup and restore your chats if you can follow instructions. Note however, that only text is backed up, not media (this is identical to official SK5).
Always keep a copy of the vc550 official SK5 apk handy as well as the themed Talos SK5 Mod apk.
- Install vc550 official SK5 over top of your installed Talos SK5 Mod.
- Backup your chats.
(Settings icon) > SK V5 MOD SETTINGS > Account Switcher(select “Backup”)
- Log into stock Kik to perform the tasks you need to do which require logging out SK5 (such as changing your PFP).
- Afterwards, log back in on vc550 official SK5.
- Restore your chats.
(Settings icon) > SK V5 MOD SETTINGS > Account Switcher(select “Restore”)
- Install the Talos SK5 Mod back over top vc550 official SK5.
We encourage and welcome your input. Use our contact page for details on how to reach us if you discover a response that should be added to this page.
See above to submit new FAQ response.